The typical Tuscan Chianti grape variety. The name is thought to derive from the name of the village of San Giovanni Valdarno, just 8 kilometers from Tiberio’s vineyards.
ITALIAN REGION: Central Tuscany – Arezzo (Loro Ciuffenna)
PRODUCTION: Grapes are grown without the use of yeasts or enzymes and are hand-picked, separated from stems and soft pressed. Length of first fermentation is 15 days. Not filtered. Aged for 8 months in small oak barrels (French barriques). Non-certified Organic.
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13.5% vol.
PRIME AGING: 5 years
- EYES: Ruby Red – typical of this Tuscan variety.
- NOSE: Fruity, Vanilla, Oak.
- MOUTH: F Balanced Tannins.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Roasted and grilled meats, spicy dishes and game.
- SERVING TEMPERATURE: 64 °